Monday, November 26, 2007

Twindigestion...

With all the controversial folderol regarding Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious book and Missy Chase Lapine's The Sneaky Chef, I just have to enter the fray....

While I doubt the recipe for the seasonal snack option pictured above would contain the needed nutritional value required for inclusion in a tome touting healthy food for kids, I must immodestly admit, our twins cleaned these plates!

Note: I have read both of the aforementioned books and find they are both helpful. As to the claims of plagiarism? Unethical publishing houses? Unfair advantages given to celebrities (and their wives)?

Pshaw! There's plenty of room on the shelves for cookbooks featuring healthy eating ideas for finicky palate-d children. My sister-in-law has pureed with panache for years. As my great-grandmother used to say, "There's no new idea under the sun." Which I'd amend to include, "Only people who haven't heard the news."

No comments: