Friday, April 25, 2008

I've Got Sunshine, On a Cloudy Day...

Or more accurately in our house right now, I've got clouds on a sunshiney day.

Immodest Mommy Moment:
Sarah and Darren were both selected from the populous pool of kindergarters to participate in the school-wide production of Aladdin, Jr. (Oh yes, they had to pay big time for rights...) Bi-weekly practices have been going on for over a month, and the past two weeks have had daily afterschool rehearsals. The kids actually signed a contract at the onset indicating their commitment and intent.

The K-garteners are clouds...dancing a well-choreographed number around the flying carpet topped with Aladdin and Princess Jasmine as they sing "A Whole New World." (Do you think I'll be able to avoid weeping? I have very little confidence...)

The front lobby of the school is decked out with a HUGE tri-partite billboard with headshots of all the participants.

Needless to say, I think Sarah is ready for her close-up.

No comments: