Friday, March 6, 2009

More Than Just a Marble

Big Blue. Finished for this Friday is Darren's requested companion to Sarah's creature, Big Butie. Stuffed full of little weighted pellets that have been leaking from his polychrome crocheted crotch, Darren requested that I put a stitch or two in "his privates" to stanch the flow. So anxious was he to have and hold Big Blue, that he begged me not to include the two white underbite teeth that are on the pattern...and with this rainbow ombre yarn? I think he made the right decision!

Now be sure to go on over to Lit and Laundry's weekly Finished for Friday feature to see other web-friends' wondrous works! [While you are there, be sure to wish hostess ThreeUnderTwo a speedy recovery from her surgery.]

Lit and Laundry
post signature

11 comments:

Debbie said...

You are so productive!
Have a great weekend:)

Rebecca said...

A lot more productive than I was this week! LOL

Nicole O'Dell said...

That is sooo cute!

You totally put me to shame!

Jennifer Taylor said...

I like the twinspiration word you came up with. Creative!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

wow, you rock. that is really cute!

Sara said...

Wow, you are so creative! I love the look on his face as he holds it tight.

Laura said...

I'm glad you could doctor that baby right up.
Is there no end to your talent?

Anonymous said...

A good stitch in the crotch never hurt anyone...I mean ummm, I did give birth to two kids and things are just fine! We women have much experience with crotch stiching!

Nancy said...

oh how adorable!! Makes me want to bust out my crochet hook :)

And Darren's right - that pattern doesn't need the teeth.

Jules said...

How cute! You can see the love for this pet on his little face. I love it when they find that one little stuffed animal, or better yet a home-made one, that you know will be special to them for a long time!
Take care!! ;0)

Jen said...

That's beautiful! You've got some real talent!