Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Way Back When-esday: Lap-Time Literature

Dateline: May 2003
Twins' Age: 20 months
Daddy's Age: 35 years

Reading has always been such an integral facet of our lives with Darren and Sarah. Images like this one...taken because my mind's eye might blur with time...continue to charm me. Keeping with a theme, comment today and be entered to win a copy of Helen Coronato's wonderful Reading with Your Child. [From the Complete Idiot's series...not that any Twinfatuation readers/participants can be described as such!]

Play along with Way Back When-esday!

What memorable image(s) makes your mid-week wonderful? Dive into those digital photos or scan a scrapbook find and play along with Way Back When-esday. Be sure and link back to participate in the web-wide reverie...and leave a comment when you do!




post signature
While you're looking "Way Back," if you're feeling "Wordful," join in with Angie at Seven Clown Circus!

17 comments:

Annie said...

Priceless picture. I love to read with my girls.

Annie said...

I'm playing this week:

http://santiagotwingirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/wordful-wednesday-and-way-back-when_23.html

Unknown said...

Somehow my girls love reading. We read to them early, but stopped for a while, then picked it up again...thank goodness the reading hiatus didn't affect their love for reading!

My Way Back Whenesday: http://sillypreciouspiggies.blogspot.com/2010/03/way-back-when-esday-swings-and-giggles.html

debi9kids said...

OH! There is something always so precious about babies and books! My favorite photos!!! Just warm my heart <3

I'm playing along today:
http://bouffard11.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-almost-birthday-boy.html

Cecily R said...

Kids snuggling with Dad reading a book...SWOON! What could be better?

cat said...

What a cute picture!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Love seeing a sweet picture of Daddy reading to his duo. There is nothing better that reading time with a parent!

*I had no idea it was Daddy & children photo day but great minds think alike and my pictures feature another Daddy & his duo!
Playing along at http://twolittlemonkeys1.blogspot.com/2010/03/say-what-wednesday-wbw.html

Amy said...

I love reading to my kids!

Playing along:

http://thiscrazylife-amy.blogspot.com/2010/03/way-back-when-esday_24.html

monica said...

My boys love reading and now are starting to put words with pictures in books. It's fun to hear what stories they are coming up with! Great picture! Thanks for hosting!

noble pig said...

Yep and now my boys are voracious readers and I LOVE IT!!

ChefDruck said...

I have a picture... just like this one, of me as a child, sitting on my grandmother's lap as she read me Little Bear (or Petit Ours in our case). I hardly remember her. She died when I was six. But I treasure that picture as a testament of our bond and that special moment.

Thanks for making me remember it with your special pic. And please enter me to win this great book!

Nancy said...

Oh that's so cute! I love the looks on their faces - totally captivated :)

Unknown said...

there's seriously a "idiot's guide to reading with your child?" really? that is just not right...do people really need to get that book to think to pick up a book and read to/with their child???

super cute pic though!!!

Christina said...

Awww, look at how small and cute they are!! :)

Laura said...

Need a "like" button.

phasejumper said...

So sweet! I read to my four year old twice a day and can't wait until my 8 month old is ready for the same!

Terra said...

that is one of the best pictures I have seen in a while!