Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love Lines

After a week with more-than-the-norm maternal evening obligations...

Darren: "Do have to give tours at the museum tonight?"

Mom: "Nope."

Darren: "Do you have a conference call tonight?"

Mom: "No, Sweetie."

Darren: "Do you have your book club tonight?"

Mom: "No, Honey."

Darren: "Do you have any work you have to do tonight?"

Mom (slowly catching on...): "No, Darren, I don't. Do you know what I absolutely have to do tonight?'

Darren (smiling broadly---far quicker on the uptake than his mother): "What?"

Mom: "Hang out with YOU!"

Doubt there's a mother in the world who appreciates homemade cards, art projects and hugs from her children more than I do; but upon the advice of the ever-clever team at Fishful Thinking, I spent this week looking for ways my two show their love in less-obvious overtures. Hands-down, this little conversation was one of my favorites!

Don't let February's love-focus go on hiatus 'til the next Valentine season; peek at this motivating article from positive parenting guru, Dr. Karen Reivich, and get your March off to a loving start with your little leprechauns!

post signature

3 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

What a great conversation...and an awesome reminder, Cheryl. Thanks! :) :)

Rebecca said...

I love this...those nights are the BEST!!!

Unknown said...

awwww!!! so sweet! I hate busy weeks like that...but love the night when life slows down and you can enjoy your kiddos!!!