Sunday, April 10, 2011

Semi-Spiritual Sunday Snippet: The Nature of God

In the car...

Sarah: "Do you think __________ (name of peer) is pretty?"

Mommy: "I think she is very cute."

Sarah (disgruntled): "But do you think she's pretty."

Mommy (sad she's already delineating between the two descriptors): "Yes, I do think she's pretty; but you know who I think is the very prettiest girl."

Sarah (aware of my maternal bias): "I wonder who God thinks is the prettiest girl."

Darren (with full conviction, and eager to squelch the discourse): "God isn't judgmental."

Wisdom from the back seat...
post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said Darren!

~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm blogging all month for Autism Awareness.
www.barbaramanatee.blogspot.com

Alexis of NorthOnHarper said...

Darren nailed it with that one!