Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Way Back When-esday: Potty Cake, Potty Cake...

Dateline: July 2004
Twins' Age: 2

Way back when, when the kids were working their way through appropriate bodily refuse placement, as added incentive, I dangled a "Potty Party."

Behold the spoils. Let them eat well-deserved cake. (Believe me, I ate my due share!)

Glimpses of now taken-for-granted accomplishments warm my mid-week.

C'mon....play along with Way Back When-esday!

Dive into your digital photos or scan a scrapbook find...share an image you might not otherwise. Tell the tale and place a post on your blog. Be sure and link back to participate in the web-wide reverie...and please leave a comment when you do!



post signature

Do you play along with Way Back When-esday often? Like Twinfatuation?
Cast a vote for Twinfatuation to be amongst the Top 25 Blogs by Multiples' Moms! You can do that by clicking here if you are so inclined. Thanks!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Maybe that is what I am doing wrong.....I need to tell them we will have a potty party! Love it! Happy Wednesday Cheryl! Hope yours is grand!

debi9kids said...

awwwwww... how cute!

I SO wish that would work with Will.
Alas, I think he just likes to walk around with wet pants ;)

Kerri said...

I've recently discovered your hops - very fun - thank you!

cat said...

One day when we eventually potty train L I am so going to do this!

Terra said...

ah yes the mile stones we so longed for way back when...

championm2000 said...

What a great idea! I think we all need to find reasons to celebrate with cake :-)

Thanks for reminding to look back and celebrate all the moments!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Love it! Sweet Sarah & Darren are too cute for words.
I have voted but can you vote daily or more than once?

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh I love it! That milestone is definitely cause for a major celebration - and cake! :)

WW: Alligator Fun

ChefDruck said...

Ahh the potty days. Their end are definitely worth celebrating! Adorable cake. I would have dug in too!

Rebecca said...

I might just have to do this...we're starting next weekend!

Claremont First Ward said...

OK. What a fabulous idea to throw a potty party once they were potty trained. Why didn't I ever think of that? :)