Monday, July 18, 2011

Point of Reference

With a freshly restocked pile of canvas boards at the ready...

She-Twin (with ennui, and conversely, motivation): "Mom, what should I paint?"

Mom: "Maybe a tree branch with a bird on it?"


She-Twin (non-plussed): "Naaah. Don't you have any other ideas?"

Mom (passing the buck): "Would you like me to bring you one of my art books for inspiration?"

She-Twin (relieved): "That'd be great."

About 30 minutes after supplying an art historically comprehensive tome, I turned the corner to see...


Renaissance aspirations, straight out of the gate. That's my girl.
post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! ambitious! I do hope you'll share her finished masterpiece!

Terra said...

oh geez! Only Sarah! Well, and maybe Lauren who chose "the scream" when she looked through an art book for inspiration!!! They could be friends