Saturday, February 4, 2012

Making a House a Home

Our relocation house has been a God-send. Not only is the exterior reminiscent of our "regular" house (pre-tree), but the insurance company-provided household furnishings and amenities have made our time here thus far as "normal" and pleasant as possible.

Of course, any new space is "different." Aspects of daily life pre-displacement vary---sometimes greatly---from our current experience. Even now, after 5 months here, we are continuing to make small day-to-day adjustments to make our time here happier still.

Imagine my surprise when a few days ago...

She-Twin (erupting elatedly): "Mommy, Mommy! Daddy got us a hooker!"

Mommy (entirely convinced she'd mis-heard): "What did Daddy get?"

She-Twin (still excited): "A HOOKER! Daddy got us a HOOKER! I'll show you!"


Whew. 

Now we can all dry our hands after washing them in the downstairs bathroom without having to go to the kitchen. Bet I'm the only woman grateful for her man's procurement of such an inexpensive "hooker."
post signature

6 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Hahaha!!!

Already, at three, our girls are saying some funny things, taken out of context. I spelled out "love" with some wooden letters. Baby A started adding more letters to the front and the back of the word, and I asked what she was doing. "I wanted to make love longer," she said. HA!

Glad you're managing in your makeshift home...and maybe that little "hooker" is a reminder of the simple things that can make you smile, like being able to dry your hands more efficiently. :)

cat said...

Oh that is cute.

Donna said...

I love it!! And am I being too bold and inappropriate in pointing out the whole "white towel or a door knob" corresponding funny?!? ; ). Sooooo sad we won't be seeing you tomorrow!!! Hope we up soon!

Terra said...

Oh, a cheap hooker - nothing better!

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

Oh, I needed that giggle! So funny!

Unknown said...

One of my older two once hung their sweatshirt on the back of their chair and said "Look! I got a hooker!" Priceless! I've got some hilarious kid words coming up later this week...they've been hilarious this week!