Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Way Back When-esday: Pent-Up Playmates

Dateline: August 2002
Twins' Age: 11 months

Call the authorities.

Early on, we managed to acquire a twin-accommodating, old-school, entire living room-filling playpen at a yard sale. You can readily discern by the dated, padded perimeter pattern, this was a vintage piece---- passed lovingly from one politically incorrect set of parents to another...and another...and another. When the time was right, in turn, we too passed it along to an eager, welcoming new auntie...ecstatic to find one larger than a pack-n-play for when her nephew visited her home.

As parents, we felt the time was right. As twins, He-Twin and She-Twin continued to beg for the pen's return for a couple of weeks. They adored having their "own place" where they could see me---and I, them.

He-Twin gnawing on one of my Mamaw's old costume bangle brings back memories galore...as does She-Twin's orange-tinted from excess sweet potato consumption nose. (Did anyone else experience that? Wish someone had shared that tidbit ahead of time!)

Memories evoked via details from a formerly discarded image warm my heart this mid-week.

Why don't you play along with Way Back When-esday?

No better excuse to seek out an overlooked snapshot or scan a scrapbook find; share an image you might not otherwise. Tell the tale and place a post on your blog. Be sure and link back to participate in the web-wide reverie...and please leave a comment when you do!




post signature

3 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

My twins always had orange noses! I'll have to dig out a picture. Whet memories.

Meet the Smiths said...

My older kiddos got the orange nose as well..I'm gonna try to avoid that with Leia. She just started sweet potatoes last week :)

I'm playing along this week...I was going to post my link as well..but I didn't see the link widget.

Angela said...

My first time to play along. I hope I did it right.