Monday, September 10, 2012

Hawkishly Handsome

As a wee boy, He-Twin would happily climb up into Mr. Ray's barber chair at our much-loved Hair Cuttery and request, "a buzz cut, with a #3 clipper, please."

Since then, beset with Bieber-haired buddies, He-Twin hasn't quite caved in to that specific coif, but longer locks have been more his mode. How I have missed his bright blue-eyed smiles following those earlier booster-seated sessions.

Then yesterday... Grandma's birthday Walmart gift card was aching to be traded in for some Wii-wonders, so just the two of us headed out.

Suddenly, goofing around in the checkout line, He-Twin asked if I dared him to get a faux-hawk. Never one to dare (I was always more of a "truth" taker), told him if he wanted to duck into the in-store hair cutter, he could. He did.

His precious profile---complete with product---Makes My Monday.

Link up and share what Makes YOUR Monday.








post signature

3 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Love it! I miss those booster seat days too. It's so fun to watch them take on independence and develop their own style.

Meryl said...

Great look and great way to start a new school year! Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

Unknown said...

I love it!! I try to convince J once in a while to let me spike his hair for something different but he doesn't want me to. Actually though... I vagueley remember A asking me the other night to do his hair spikey the next day - a request he's never made. I'll have to remember tomorrow to spike it!