Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Way Back When-esday - Yesterday Seems So Long Ago

Yesterday, He-Twin posted this to his Instagram and Facebook pages:

Today is Election Day.

A year ago I never thought that this election would take the path that it did. The Clinton-Trump competition has divided friends, family, and even the nation. It's pretty clear that I'm biased towards Clinton, but both candidates have massive flaws. But the best candidate isn't the one with the least problems, its the one with the most solutions.

Whether America goes Clinton or Trump, I will respect our president. Perhaps not for their views, but simply because they are the leader of a great nation. It is our duty as Americans to at least have respect for our leaders, but we aren't forced to agree with them. That's the beauty of our democracy, that we can vote for someone who matches our beliefs.

At this point I don't care who you support, our country's future will be made today. Everyone's voice deserves to be heard in this crazy presidential race. I know that very few of you can vote, but if you can DO IT. After this is all done, I look forward to new leadership and for our country to start a new chapter.

I hope that if I've had disagreements with anyone that we can put all of this behind us and if I've somehow offended anyone with my beliefs, this is my apology. God bless America🇺🇸

He said it better than I ever could. Peace and healing to each of us, and to our nation.
post signature

No comments: