Monday, April 7, 2008

Not Even Running for the Base...

...when the lovely Melissa of Twincredible Twosome tapped me on the back!

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my seven tidbits, and most could be classified as "some weird."

1. Whenever I have M&Ms (plain or dark chocolate only), I always dump the entire bag out and sort them in rows according to rainbow-spectrum order (red, orange, yellow, green, etc.) before eating them. Consumption begins with the most abundantly dispensed colors – by eating the overages in order to get an even distribution of the colors. I’ve done it as long as I can remember. When my husband was not yet my husband, but was a co-worker (oooh, there’s a confession…), he walked by my empty desk which at the time had a single-serve bag sorted and all ready to eat. Apparently I had been called away to tend to some work-related task somehow was more important that my tempting treat. My office-mate later revealed that he stuck his head in the door and asked with visible concern, “WHO sits there?” I feel quite confident he didn’t query because he anticipated marrying Little Miss OCD!

2. On the Meyers-Briggs test I am ALWAYS an ENFJ. No matter how many times I’ve attempted to re-take the test and answer in a way to eradicate the “judging J” from the acronym, it always turns out the same.

3. For about a semester when I was in college (William & Mary, loved of old, hark upon the gale…), I dated a guy on Jon Stewart’s (of The Daily Show, then known as Jon Liebowitz) hall. He (Jon, not the guy I was dating) always struck me as fairly quiet and somewhat introspective. Who knew? One of my dearest friends is still very insistent that she remembers me “hooking up” (kissing -- my hookups were judiciously self-restricted) with Jon. I feel quite certain – as certain as one can be about such memories from college – I did not.

4. Whenever I hear the Hallelujah chorus from Handel’s “Messiah”, whenever a child joins the church (one did yesterday), whenever my twins “perform” in any program, I get really, really weepy…and I am a very unattractive crier. Interestingly, our daughter Sarah always cries when her Daddy sings her a lullaby, and at two years old, when she would hear the doxology (“Praise God from whom all blessings flow…”), she’d get weepy everytime.

5. My former roommate was a former hand-model and one of the dearest, dearest women. Her name was also Cheryl. When people would call unknowingly and ask simply for “Cheryl,” after plenty of decorous pussyfooting, I usually resorted to asking, “The brunette with the big chest, or the blonde with the small chest?”

6. I’m a TOTAL art geek; I’ve been a tour-guide (docent) at our state’s fine arts museum (VMFA) for over 15 years now.

7. Like Melissa who tagged me (Thank you, Melissa!), I am abundantly happy. In my case, I’m quite certain many would assess me as a happy-gal of the sappy annoying variety…and I’ll make no apologies for it!

Running from the base now and tagging these lovely ladies...

1. Angelice at Tiger Twins in the Bayou
2. Laura at Seabird Chronicles
3. Alyssa at JustThe5ofUs
4. Joanne at SucksAndTheCity
5. Kimberly at Mocha Manual
6. Surcie at Surcie
7. The Goddess at GoddessInProgress

Calling "Not it!" (and of course including a gratuitous pic of the cuties watching their Daddy juggle. Sarah is indeed aloft in the image. Slightly rapturous, eh?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got the tag! It'll take a while to respond because we're preparing to leave town for a few weeks, but I'll let you know when I do it :)

Cindy Fey said...

Love this photo. Look at the love and joy in their eyes!