Thursday, July 2, 2009

Youthful Eulogies

As a Big City Slider Station commercial was playing...

Darren: "I'm sad Billy Mays is dead. Now there's just that Australian guy."

Mommy: "What's wrong with the Australian guy?"

Darren: "The Australian guy is just not as good. Billy Mays was always excited about his products."

Sarah: "When we're grown-ups, I bet kids will ask us 'Were you alive when Billy Mays was?' Just like we ask you if you were alive when Elvis was."

R.I.P., Mr. Mays. You've made a memorable mark.
post signature

7 comments:

carrhop said...

Yes, he has--

love this conversation--we had a similar one (minus the Elvis mention) around our place. Fun guy and he will be missed--

Blessings!

Jo said...

We were just watching Pitchmen and feeling sad about Billy Mays. :(

Thanks for the nice comment today! :D

Melissa said...

It's so sad. I loved Pitchmen and I can't believe that he's gone. It's surprising how seeing someone on TV everyday really gets you attached to that person. R.I.P.

Aimee said...

They're right - Billy was the best.

Don't even get me started on the ShamWow! guy . . .

Jenni said...

LOL! My boys were pretty upset about Billy, too!

SouthernDogwoods said...

I agree he was "excited" about his products!

Lisa said...

I think Billy would be tickled to hear he is in Elvis' league. Great guy.