Monday, January 26, 2015

My Monkey Makes My Monday

Some women love roses. Some women love jewels. Some women love chocolate.

While I appreciate those traditional tokens, my Mr. has always gone more personal.

His highly attuned listening skills, employed from the very onset of our relationship, resulted in gifts I still treasure today.

Wonderfully weighty mixing bowls. A full-size, floor-standing artist's easel. And this...



A casually-made comment following fleeting glimpse of one of these cymbal-crashing simians on a television show concluded with one of the quirkily romantic gifts ever given.

His monkey motor has malfunctioned in recent months, but his grin goes on...as does my affection for one of the most skillful gift givers of all time.

Play along with Makes My Monday---easing weekends' ends since 2007!

#MMM #MakesMyMonday


post signature

1 comment:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Hee hee! Beauty is in the eye of the monkey-holder, huh??? ;)