Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Way Back When-esday: A Blog's Beginning

Five years ago this week, we began Twinfatuation.


After hosting a smallish---but swell-ish!---twin family support site for the 5 years preceding (Twinsights.com), a blog seemed the logical next step.

Additional blog-building motivation: He-Twin and She-Twin, then 5-years-old, seemed to be ever- entertaining, and my ability and/or free time to handwrite and include associated photos in their baby books seemed less and less feasible.

Behold, a blog was born!

Now, nearly 1500 posts later, I still look forward to keeping track of our twosome's plural progress...and to the much-loved community of incredible e-friends.

Thank you to each and every one of you who've visited, who've commented, and who've shared your lives with us via your own blogs.

For this special Way Back When-esday, a few pictures of the two with whom I'm fully twinfatuated---taken the very week Twinfatuation the Blog began.

Dateline: May 2007
Twins' Age: 5


Play along with Way Back When-esday!

No better excuse to dig into those digital files, seek out an overlooked snapshot, or scan a scrapbook find! Share an image you might not otherwise. Tell the tale and place a post on your blog. Be sure and link back to participate in the web-wide reverie...and please leave a comment when you do!




post signature

6 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Congratulations on such a big milestone, Cheryl! I sure hope you'll keep at it for at least the next five years. I always appreciate the inspiration! :) :)

debi10kids said...

Congrats my friend!
Crazy to think how long we have "known" one another... and how many things we have experienced along the way...
Wow.
Here's to 5 more!

Unknown said...

My kiddos are that age now! wow! I started in 2005 I think, before kids...wild to think we've been going this long! Congrats!

Amanda said...

What great photos and congratulations on your blog anniversary!

si tu veux said...

LOVE this...and completely random but i looked back today at my beginning...and reason for calling my blog bythehairofmychinnychinchin...
http://bythehairofmychin.blogspot.com/2008/11/by-hair-of-my-chinny-chin-chin.html

first...i think it may be time for a name change. second...i LOVE way-back wednesdays....thanks for letting us play!

I am so glad you started your blog. I will find a picture to post later today. Happy Wednesday!

si tu veux said...

posted twice....linked not to way-back when-esday the first time. sorry :)